If there’s anything you should know about me, it’s that I love bikes. I’m a little obsessed. In fact, I have a tattoo of a bike on my foot, a bike in my garage, and an overwhelming amount of bike-themed decorations in both my bed room and my office. If there’s one pastime that I enjoy more than anything, it’s riding my bike. But I can’t do it without music. So, I’ve compiled a playlist for the middle part of a venn diagram of both music lovers and bike enthusiasts. It’s 27 songs long and comes out to about 1 hour and 45 minutes of listening. Here goes nothing!
- Seek Another by James Vincent McMorrow - This is a great song for riding alone and de-stressing. A calm, but slightly upbeat song with a good beat, a little repetition, and a steady pace.
- Chihiro by Yoste - Great for a morning bike ride, when you’re still trying to wake up and the sun is still rising. Perfect if you feel like pausing for a minute to take in the views too, but still works as a riding song.
- Upswing by Prinze George - A much more upbeat song to get you into the groove of riding. A good, steady beat with rises and falls that make any bike ride fun, without slowing you down too much.
- Moscow by Autoheart - This song works great for slightly bumpier rides, off a trail, or over some rough terrain. Upbeat, fun, and driving.
- Guilllotine by Jon Bellion - A good beat, some repetition, and some cool background vocals.
- Sunday Candy by Donnie Trumpet and the Social Experiment - It honestly doesn’t matter what you’re doing, you should be listening to this song. Featuring Chance the Rapper.
- Xo by Nightly - This song is great for an afternoon bike ride, with the sun setting. Very much a late spring, early summer, bike ride with friends type of song.
- Good Together by HONNE - Calm, but still has a nice beat. Great for riding on a trail in the mid-morning. Nothing crazy.
- Cecilia & the Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Upbeat, fun song. Good for a relaxing ride or a fun ride.
- Catch & Release (Deeepend Remix) by Matt Simons - Another calm, morning ride song. Still upbeat. Will be nice when you’re barely awake, but will still good when you’re up and at ‘em.
- Aware by Leland - Super fun. An exciting song that makes you feel like you’ve been riding your whole life.
- ILYSB by LANY - A lower energy song, with a steady beat. Good for slower rides, maybe to a park or something.
- Nunca by Trails and Ways - A fun song, with a steady beat and a low voice that doesn’t take away from the music itself.
- Show Me Lights by Friendly Fires - Upbeat, fast-paces, repetitive and great for a work-out bike ride.
- Mercury by Moon Taxi - A little calmer than most, but still upbeat and tends to make you feel like you can ride a bit faster than you thought.
- The Wire by HAIM - Fun, fast-paced, exciting, and rarely falls. A great song to push yourself to.
- Lady, You Shot Me by Har Mar Superstar - Slower than you’d think, but still pumps you up for a good ride.
- Simple Song by The Shins - Calm, but has its faster paced moments. Still definitely a good song for an afternoon ride.
- Heart it Races by Dr. Dog - I listen to the live version of this and it makes for a good cool down song after a quick, fast, ride.
- Me by DEV - Starts out a little slower, but definitely gets a little quicker and makes you feel like you can finish your ride strong.
- Milwaukee Protocol by Bright Moments - Honestly, I’m not sure what that slightly annoying instrument is that plays throughout the entire song, but it pushes me to ride faster. Enjoy!
- Shark in the Water by VV Brown - Great song for an easy ride on the street or a neighborhood sidewalk that makes for a nice late afternoon, early evening bike ride.
- Don’t Kick the Chair by Dia Frampton & Kid Cudi - This song makes you want to be a better biker, a better music-listener, and an all-around better human.
- Float On by Modest Mouse - This song is fast paced enough that It makes you feel like an uphill ride is a piece of cake.
- Smooth by Santana - This song adds a little flare to any bike ride, car ride, party, etc. It’s just a good, fun, fast-paced song.
- Lisztomania by Phoenix - Much calmer than it feels at first, but depending on what you pay more attention to, this could be a fast-paced workout bike ride song, or a calmer morning bike ride song.
- Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by Coldplay - This is a perfect song to listen to on your morning bike ride to wake yourself up and get your day started on the right foot.
Intern at Rocky Mountain Ride, Bicycle Enthusiast